Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meet my Home

A home isn't the building we live in, it's all of the parts of it that make it your own. I have 3 kiddos, a husband and a Border Collie named Tasha....they're the heart of my home. We're currently looking for a house that's the perfect container for our home. I'm so sick of renting and being surrounded by walls that are a reflection of someone else. I can't wait to be able to take pictures of my house that will tell OUR story.

DQ (drama queen) is my oldest daughter, she's 7 and in the first grade. She loves to swim, play dress up and man does that girl have an active imagination! Almost daily I'm confused by something she says because she walks up to me and starts talking about her imaginary story line that she's dreaming up at the moment.

My middle child might let you call her Rosie, if you're special. She's currently 2, but she'll be 3 in March. As challenging as they are, I really love the toddler years. Watching her develop her sense of self and become her own person is amazing. She's a mama's girl through and through and secretly I love it until she throws a fit that she only wants mama to do things for her. I'm sorry, but changing her diaper is NOT fun and she doesn't get to choose who she wants to do it since it will almost always be me.

Then there's my Baby Dude. He was born in May of 2008. Currently he's just mobile enough to get himself in to trouble and just vocal enough to convince us that he said "Hi Dada" the other morning. Just the other day he scootched himself across the living room floor and dumped the dog's water bowl all over himself. He thought it was hilarious, he giggled his butt off!

The hubby is a union electrician. I love that man a lot and he must love me to stick around all these years. We met back in high school. He was a junior and I was sophomore and almost 14 years later, he's still the one. He's all sort of sexy....good with his hands, strong, rugged, a great daddy, and super smart. Joe likes to game, read sci-fi, and read up on the latest technology. He's so cute during all of this house searching stuff. As I daydream about how we'll decorate it, he's got the graph paper out trying to figure out the exact lay out before we've been in any given house.

Our dog is a Border Collie. It's so funny to see classic Border Collie behavior come out of her. BC's were bread to be sheep herders. Tasha loves to herd my children. Last spring when I was super pregnant with the Baby Dude, I watched with dismay as my barely 2 year old escaped out the back door. I waddled as fast as I could, but she was able to toddle much faster since she had a head start of about 10 feet. Tasha was outside already. She ran up to Rosie, knocked her down and stood over her wagging her tale at her latest catch until I was able to apprehend the suspect!

Oh and then there's me. As you probably suspected my driver's license doesn't say Mama, but with 3 little ones running around, I don't get called by my driver's license name very often. I enjoy playing play-doh, long trips to the playground and pretty much anything else that will ensure my kids are tired enough for bed. In my "off" time, I like to chat with my friends on message boards, attempt to be crafty, read, and day dream about the house we'll hopefully buy soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hey "Mama" !! Excited to see your blog up and running... can't wait to read up on what's going on with you all! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! COngrats on getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing your a btb mama but I haven't figured out who you are yet LOL
    great start!

    ReplyDelete