Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Daydreaming about the house...

we haven't even put an offer on yet. We saw an awesome house on Friday. It needs a lot of help, but it doesn't appear to be anything Hubby can't handle.

We've been looking at window and cabinet websites and there's a lot of fun stuff out there! Someday I will have a garden window over my kitchen sink like this....






Wouldn't that be awesome to grow my own herbs in and when recipe calls for fresh rosemary, I could trim a bit from my cute little pots like these...



There was also an awesome pull out that had skinny shelves to put things like bottles of cooking oils, spices, and the sorts. I can't remember what it was called, so I can't get a picture to share, but it was pretty neat.

Well, I'm off to daydream up some ideas for the kids' play room. There was a walk in attic area that we immediately both agreed would be the perfect play space for the kids. The ceiling is sloped a lot, so I'm thinking bean bag chairs and lots of throw pillows would be the perfect way to furnish that space. And just so you don't think I'm going to make my kids play in a dark attic, there are windows in this attic and it would probably be the only room in the house with full carpeting since there would be lots of crawling and play wrestling going on in there. Think Hubby would agree to something like this to cover the floor?



This space is obviously bigger than the area I've got to work with, but it'd be fun to make a tumble gym sorta space... I wouldn't really do this, but it's fun to day dream

No comments:

Post a Comment